Just a hello

Just another day of fur, food, yarn and gardening, just maybe not in that order.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

It was the Second week of the Renton Farmer's Market

What a great day at the Farmer's Market, so many flowers, fruit and vegetables, hand crafts, baked goods., and smiling faces.  Who doesn't love a relaxing day at the market?

I met this big Guy at the Mobile Max bus, a Humane Society bus that takes pets to meet potential new families, this guy was a big old cupcake.

This is Darell, he's one of my favorite vendor's.  He and his wife grow and sell tomatoes only at farmer's markets, all over the Puget Sound Area, their farm is in Maple Valley, they also make a great dehydrated tomato chip, well worth trying. 


Flowers, Flowers, flowers, I never get enough of them.


In a few more weeks there will be everything you can imagine, but for now, cherries and strawberries are the first fruit of the season, peas and asparagus, beets and onions soon to be followed by raspberries I hope.

Fresh honey, and fresh bread, baked goods, fresh foods to sample, home made pizzas, crepes, ice cream and truffles., you name it.  Always a great day at the market, the vendors all friendly and I spoke with a  master gardener today, seems the giant roots that I thought were from trees were left over from the English Ivy left behind by the last folks who owned our home.  Who knew?  So besides coming home with a shopping basket of fresh produce, I also learned something.  I'd say a day well spent.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! You make me want to visit my local Farmer's Market. I'd love to join you one day so you can show me the ropes. Those flowers look so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love you to join me Maya, it's so fun. You really can't go wrong anywhere, although I think the West Seattle one extremely over priced, but still fun.

    ReplyDelete