Just a hello

Just another day of fur, food, yarn and gardening, just maybe not in that order.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Garden Day..or so I thought.

Today was the day I broke my back for, yesterday I spent many hours preparing my garden spot for good friend Todd to come rototill up for me.  I set my alarm, which I never do any more, and got up bright and early, that is, for me.  I should of known today wasn't going to go as planned when the espresso maker refused to give me any espresso, forcing me to buy some from a roadside stand on my way to Todd's place.  The idea was I would accompany him over to Enumclaw to pick up the rototiller that was at his brother's home and then we'd drive to my place and get it done.  That's when the rain began and kept up, all the way there.
I had so much dirt to turn, pulling weeds and yanking up roots and really just breaking open the soil for this years garden.

Found carrots still left from last year, but decided they would be better left for the rabbits that roam the yard.



This was the biggest garden I'd ever had, as I decided to add another section that was about 1/3 the size of the previous garden, meaning lots of ground that had never been broken up before. This year the ground is so fertile, with loads of night crawlers and even a garden snake, whom I named slick, although he's quite the fattened snake, and not very slick at all....he stayed amongst the onions to remain out of my way.


  The blackberry roots, tree roots, grass and weeds all about had the best of me, my back telling me that I wasn't as young or fit as I used to be either, also needing more breaks then I used to take.
I decided all in all though, it was ready for rototilling, of course, that's when the rain started to fall.  Oh well, maybe tomorrow, or the next day, or the next, hopefully the weeds won't reclaim it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment